:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Dammit Boy!

• Comments Off on Dammit Boy!

Dammit Boy!

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Dammit Boy!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Version3
    Keymaster

The final show isn’t out yet, but I was reviewing part of it… Bucho, you silly bastard, YOU need to do a show. I’m waiting for the URL so I can subscribe. And, begin.

Start.

n-n-n-now..

Bucho
    Participant

Hah, coming from the Capitan himself that’s quite a compliment. I listened back to the SOS-150 tribute file I sent in and I think there’s about 638 Star Wars references in the 3 minutes or whatever, I guess because I was rushing and didn’t do my ususal intense lyric writing editting method (involving reading the lyrics before they’re recorded and copious amounts of vaseline and lemur wool). I’m also pretty sure the call-in ended up being a SW-fest too. Maybe I had it on the brain because I watched Ep4 again last week with the SOS commentary, maybe because I couldn’t make out half what you guys are saying and Star Wars is my default fallback for any kind of difficult conversation in any situation, including using phone sex lines and being questioned by cops about the smell coming from my attic.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

rob
    Participant

Yeah, Bucho — I was going to wait until the show was actually released before commenting on it, but he’s right — you have all the right stuff to do a show yourself. That shit was damn funny, and strangely — from the heart.

I really do feel like you guys are like my extended family — I so wish we could put together some kind of SOS themed rally or some shit. I’d love to actually meet you guys face to face.

digitaltopia
    Participant

We could all wear masks of our avatars. Which may not be that effective with Bucho.

Bucho
    Participant
    rob wrote:
    Yeah, Bucho — I was going to wait until the show was actually released before commenting on it, but he’s right — you have all the right stuff to do a show yourself. That shit was damn funny, and strangely — from the heart.

I really do feel like you guys are like my extended family — I so wish we could put together some kind of SOS themed rally or some shit. I’d love to actually meet you guys face to face.

Thanks Rob, I was so stoked and honoured I could be a part of it, the only bummer is that I’ve had a few ideas for a while to contribute to SOS and I always put them off for another week. Then another week never comes if you don’t make it and now I left it too long. That’s why I thought the field recordings would be the best way to do stuff for the show, it doesn’t take much time or prep, but a week after I started making them SOS made the fateful announcement. That’ll teach me for waiting too long.

But it’s sweet that you guys got a laugh out of my awesome singing voice. I have the gear to do a show and I like the idea of doing small stuff for a bigger show but unless you can slow down time or speed up the Dip’n’Dots harvest I have the same problem as you guys with not enough hours to fill a decent amount of content each week for a full show. We use the same time as you guys in NZ, we just use it before it gets to you. I’m going to keep making the field recordings and do some SOS related stuff but I wouldn’t be able to sustain my own show.

Also, that tribute was definitely from the heart, I listen to a bunch of podcasts but there’s only one group of guys I’d go to that much effort of being a part of their creation. From the first half hour of the first Switched On I ever heard I was thinking, holy cow these boys are thousands of miles from here but they think and laugh about the exact same crap as me and they’re effortlessly entertaining. I mean, there are other shows that entertain me and I laugh at but none of them have ever sounded like they’re already my mates. SOS sounded like that from the get-go, NBLIANGW at first sight.

Pa-ul
    Participant
    digitaltopia wrote:
    We could all wear masks of our avatars. Which may not be that effective with Bucho.

I’m fucked then.

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

Bing
    Participant
    Version3 wrote:
    The final show isn’t out yet, but I was reviewing part of it… Bucho, you silly bastard, YOU need to do a show. I’m waiting for the URL so I can subscribe. And, begin.

Start.

n-n-n-now.

Yes…mmmm

To the Captain you should listen….mmmm

Jor-El
    Participant

I don’t have a cat.

I like titties.

Armez
    Participant

I don’t have a T.V. remote.

El Rustirino
    Participant

It’s hard to do your own show, Bucho. I’ve tried so many times I couldn’t count them. That said, if you could find the time to do it, hearing from my favorite Buddah every week would be so great, man.

Speaking of podcasts, that Switched On Brotherhood podcast wasn’t such a bad idea.

Bing
    Participant

Armez goes on a tangent and Rusty brings us back to centerline…

That kid’s come a long way boys!!

Oh and why are we still discussing this instead of all listening to Bucho’s premier episode of the Budda-Cast.

C’mon Budda DO EET NAHOW!!

we’ll send you boobie pics!

Bucho
    Participant

Well hell, now we’re talking Bing. Seriously though, if a bunch of you vagrants make stuff and then someone compiles it I’m in, I’m going to try and keep up recording short store visits anyway. I just can’t find time to fill even 20 decent minutes with any regularity, with editting and writing it would be at least 3-4 hours a week I already don’t have. I have no illusions that, like Rusty says, it would be hard work – most shows out there don’t have even 2% of the entertainment value of our favourite three amigos. A show with some of the vagrants doing a bit of stuff each would work better, like a variety show (so there’s more chance you’d find something to entertain you) and the pressure isn’t just all on one person’s shoulders.

digitaltopia
    Participant
    Bucho wrote:
    Well hell, now we’re talking Bing. Seriously though, if a bunch of you vagrants make stuff and then someone compiles it I’m in, I’m going to try and keep up recording short store visits anyway. I just can’t find time to fill even 20 decent minutes with any regularity, with editting and writing it would be at least 3-4 hours a week I already don’t have. I have no illusions that, like Rusty says, it would be hard work – most shows out there don’t have even 2% of the entertainment value of our favourite three amigos. A show with some of the vagrants doing a bit of stuff each would work better, like a variety show (so there’s more chance you’d find something to entertain you) and the pressure isn’t just all on one person’s shoulders.

But we know that’s what you like Bucho. Come on boys, press harder.

Bucho
    Participant

If I win the lottery tonight and can quit work putting a show together will be my main priority (you have my word as a Spaniard). Okay, right after I buy a hovercraft it’ll be my main priority.

You are the brute squad.

rob
    Participant

Priority, schmiority. Get to recordin’, you daffy bastard.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.