:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Crocodile Hunter dead?!?!?

• Comments Off on Crocodile Hunter dead?!?!?

Crocodile Hunter dead?!?!?

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Crocodile Hunter dead?!?!?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

I saw it on Digg and thought “Well, that’s gotta be a bull shit story.” Then I go to the CNN Web site, and there it was: BREAKING NEWS – Stingray kills ‘Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin.

I can’t get over that for some reason. Wow. Years and years of messing around with the world’s most poisonous snakes, deadliest alligators and crocodiles and a host of other dangerous animals, and a freaking stingray barb goes through his chest and kills him.

Un-freakin-believable!

Bucho
    Participant

Yeah, every time the headlines come round again it hits me again. It’s kind of surreal.

I know he rubbed plenty of people in Oz and abroad up the wrong way with his uber-enthusiastic everything turned up to 11 style but I loved watching that guy. He was like an antidote to all the post-modern cynical bullshit you see or hear every day in media and entertainment. In his own unique way he genuinely made the world a better place. You can’t ask for more than that.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Version3
    Keymaster

Man, that does really suck. He’s fun to make fun of, but doesn’t annoy me at all (that’s saying a lot). I always liked watching him because of his “11” setting.

Wow, maybe to honor him we should all dope a crocodile up and wrestle it.

YouFollowMe
    Participant

It just doesn’t seem like a guy with so much energy and passion for life could be dead. I’m still half expecting him to come on tv and say “Labor Day Fools!”. He was a great person who will definitely be missed.

Jor-El
    Participant

That sucks. Why a stingray of all things?

I like titties.

Armez
    Participant
    Jor-El wrote:
    That sucks. Why a stingray of all things?

Yeah, I mean it’s a wimpy jaw-less shark that sucks.

He probably could have killed it by sticking his finger up its butt.

Anyway R.I.P. Croc Hunter, most of the world and Animal Planet will miss you…

Scatt
    Participant

When I read it, I seriously thought it was bunk. So, the absolute first thing I did was go to snopes.com and look it up, because I remember a rumor that Kel Mitchell from the ‘Good Burger’ sketches and rancid movie was dead started back in July or June. Turns out it linked you to the story. Read all about it. It really sucks. He was filming for a special or something so they said it was all captured on video. It’s always creepy as fuck to me when that happens.

Newman
    Participant

I found it ironic that a sting ray got him instead of a crok.

Bucho
    Participant
    Scatt wrote:
    … He was filming for a special or something so they said it was all captured on video. …

Yeah he always told his crews to film everything, all the time. It was about the ten deadliest sea creatures or something. Easy to do when you’re in Australia since the world’s 1000 most deadly animals live there. Most rays are pretty docile but the larger ones that inhabit shark territories can be skittish and nervy from dealing with harrasment by sharks. It wouldn’t be any surprise to find out he was antagonising the ray somehow to get it to show off its threat. That was part of his job, just like getting crocs to lunge or snakes to strike.

http://irwinpwnage.ytmnd.com

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Octavious
    Participant

Sorry that the guy is dead. One of the most interesting people I ever saw. Cared about wildlife. But there were some dangerous times.

Now its caught on tape, I wonder how long its going to take to show it.

Version3
    Keymaster

Well, his friend and camera man was on Larry King tonight, he was supposed to talk about that footage, so I’d think that it will get out pretty quick now that the ‘first’ is over.

Armez
    Participant

You could probably find it on limewire or on google if you looked hard enough

Octavious
    Participant

Well Armez, that your job and duty to all of us here at the SOS forums.

Octavious
    Participant

Has anyone seen the South Park episode? MSN video on South Park and they the video

Becareful DJohnson and Frank, one of you don’t like MSN videos, right?

djohnson
    Participant

Looks like they’ve developed a nice flash layer for this stuff now. I can finally watch!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.