:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Crazy Coincidence… What are the Odds!?!

• Comments Off on Crazy Coincidence… What are the Odds!?!

Crazy Coincidence… What are the Odds!?!

Latest Replies Forums The Lo Dimension Crazy Coincidence… What are the Odds!?!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Version3
    Keymaster

Okay, let’s just start with the obvious (this was sort of brought up in another thread)…

I posted another thread about old people, and this advertisement showed up:
    soschoolhouse.png

Yeah, so there is an education program out there using not only a VERY similar name, but they are/were working with similar punctuation treatments to what we’ve used on the past (distant). Now, I went to the website for these folks… and here is the brief description of the product:

AlphaOmegaPublications wrote:
    Switched-On Schoolhouse is a comprehensive, Bible-based curriculum that offers computer-based learning for grades 3-12. With 3-D animation, video clips, and other fascinating multimedia, Switched-On Schoolhouse is the perfect homeschool curriculum for today’s generation. With this flexible, best-selling curriculum, you can customize student learning to fit individual educational needs.

Unlike traditional textbook curriculums with dry, one-dimensional lessons, Switched-On Schoolhouse (SOS) has a diverse, vibrant mix of entertaining lessons, assignments quizzes, and more! Fun-filled lessons are created to captivate students’ attention and engage them in learning. Available for grades 3-12, Switched-On Schoolhouse offers five core subjects and a wide variety of electives. With features that enhance content and functionality, this award-winning curriculum offers ease, accuracy, and quality academics.

I’m sure they are VERY excited to have the same name as us… AND they call it SOS as well! -but the coincidences don’t stop there.

This program (although for a more specific audience) also would be a competitor to the company I am going to work for… they also provide education programs for the same grade range, just not bible oriented.

We HAVE to find a way to show up in searches for the education programs. We just have to. They would be both horrified and probably crazed to find out that tSOS may be something would-be clients may find first!!!

Anyway, I got a huge laugh out of it all when I discovered it.

BTW: I didn’t click their ad, I just googled them to avoid getting them paid. 😀

thx_1227
    Participant

Funny enough, this was my school curriculum for a few years.

Version3
    Keymaster

THAT bible based program? Seriously?

Bing
    Participant

I am totally into showing up on their sites with the most vile stuff we can produce short of nastyness for nastyness’s sake.

sign me up

thx_1227
    Participant

@Version3 40440 wrote:

THAT bible based program? Seriously?

Yeah, I was homeschooled.

Larkitect
    Participant

that’s awesome. its like the six degrees of switched on.

My essence still senses Bucho's women.

Hmmm this may sound like a daft idea but how about we all pitch in and make a mock site that uses the switched on show bible better known as the book of the learned chicken in the holy robbehs bum. And make it for the same age range and have paw paw as the spokes person and have short NAMBLA clips in there to freak them out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.