:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Concerts

• Comments Off on Concerts

Concerts

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Concerts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Ivan
    Participant

What’s the worst concert that you have ever seen? (Free or paid for)

I saw Steven Seagal and his blues band at the Fillmore in SF and it was terrible. My friend and I sat up front and heckled him. He is way fat now and I am way better than him at guitar. Biggest waste of 25 bucks ever. We also were out front havin a smoke when we ran into a reporter from the San Francisco Chronicle who was drunk off his ass, so we invited him to sit with us and he got in a fight with some old lady at our table. It was bitchin..

Armez
    Participant

I once wen to a 38 special concert and had a vodka bottle thrown at me…

I proceded to beat the shit out of some guy with a bar stool soon after…

…oddly enough it actually was the guy who threw the bottle…not some random guy…

also 38 special is really fucking old now…so the concert sucked too

Octavious
    Participant
    Ivan wrote:
    I saw Steven Seagal and his blues band at the Fillmore in SF …

One question….

Why?!

Ivan
    Participant
    Darth Octavious wrote:
    Ivan wrote:

One question….

Why?!

Why not?

It was hilarious.

Scatt
    Participant
    Ivan wrote:
    Darth Octavious wrote:
    Ivan wrote:

One question….

Why?!

Why not?

It was hilarious.

Great answer!

Bing
    Participant
    Armez wrote:

I thought you were 14.

salad
    Participant

mmm… I got a midget thrown at me at a concert once… I proceeded to beat the thrower with said midget… he’s been afflicted with midgphobia ever since….

Bing
    Participant

I saw Elvis and he threw poo at me

Octavious
    Participant

Ivan and Scatt you have WAYYYYYYYYYYY TOOOOOOOO MUCHHHHHH Time!

Ivan
    Participant
    Bing wrote:
    Armez wrote:

I thought you were 14.

Ya, how many 14 year olds wanna see 38 Special? I like southern rock but even I wouldn’t want to see 38 Special.

Bucho
    Participant

I guess the funniest bands I saw were the wannabe Pearl Jam/Tool bands that sprang up like ant erections in the 90s. If you thought Creed and Days Of The New were shit you should’ve seen these small time melodramatic dipshits. The heaviest mosh pit I was ever in was Ministry in a stadium show in about ’97, just brutal wildness and abandon way beyond fun. The best bands I’ve seen live have mostly been in the last few years, QOTSA and The Datsuns in 2003 and The Hives in 2004. The other best gigs were NZ bands Shihad and Head Like A Hole in the mid 90s.

On another note I saw U2 last weekend. The newer songs don’t have the same power as the older ones so there’s some flat spots in the performance and the political shit gets overdone but they did the most impressive stadium show I’ve ever seen. They have this massive curtain (like 6 or 7 stories high) of spherical LEDs behind them that can be either lights or a screen and two normal big screens that always show the four guys. I know most of you guys don’t care about the band but from a pure spectacle point of view it shit on other stadium gigs I’ve seen (including two Stones shows).

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Ivan
    Participant
    Bucho wrote:
    I guess the funniest bands I saw were the wannabe Pearl Jam/Tool bands that sprang up like ant erections in the 90s. If you thought Creed and Days Of The New were shit you should’ve seen these small time melodramatic dipshits. The heaviest mosh pit I was ever in was Ministry in a stadium show in about ’97, just brutal wildness and abandon way beyond fun. The best bands I’ve seen live have mostly been in the last few years, QOTSA and The Datsuns in 2003 and The Hives in 2004. The other best gigs were NZ bands Shihad and Head Like A Hole in the mid 90s.

On another note I saw U2 last weekend. The newer songs don’t have the same power as the older ones so there’s some flat spots in the performance and the political shit gets overdone but they did the most impressive stadium show I’ve ever seen. They have this massive curtain of spherical LEDs behind them that can be either lights or a screen and two normal big screens that always show the four guys. I know most of you guys don’t care about the band but from a pure spectacle point of view it shit on other stadium gigs I’ve seen (including two Stones shows).

Goddamn, I’ve been wanting to see QOTSA for a while. U2’s new stuff is crap. The best band to see live is CAKE. Their live show isn’t fancy, but their sound is absolutely perfect and proves that they don’t rely on studio magic to achieve their sound. The best concert I ever saw, though, was Thin Lizzy, Blue Oyster Cult, Joe Satriani, and Deep Purple. It was fantastic.

Bucho
    Participant
    Ivan wrote:
    Goddamn, I’ve been wanting to see QOTSA for a while. U2’s new stuff is crap. The best band to see live is CAKE. Their live show isn’t fancy, but their sound is absolutely perfect and proves that they don’t rely on studio magic to achieve their sound. The best concert I ever saw, though, was Thin Lizzy, Blue Oyster Cult, Joe Satriani, and Deep Purple. It was fantastic.

Thin Lizzy when Phil was still alive? That’s going back a while, great band though. I like Deep Purple too, my old band used to do a Motorheadised version of Highway Star, but I missed their gig here last year. I don’t know much about BOC apart from Don’t Fear The Reaper. I like Cake but I’ve never seen them live. I like Beautiful Day of the new songs but since Achtung Baby I haven’t paid much attention to U2.

Saw QOTSA at a show called Big Day Out which is a yearly summer festival type tour of Aus and NZ. They played on one of the main stadium stages at about 6pm with the sun still out but the stadium PA went on the shit and they had to walk off after 4 or 5 songs, Josh swearing his ass off. The PA got fixed and all the other stadium stage bands had no more problems. But because QOTSA had never played NZ they arranged to play on one of the smaller stages on another field once the last band had played in that area so their fans wouldn’t feel ripped off. So about 11pm, with all the other bands done and the moon and stars out, QOTSA play a fuckin blinder. Nick was still in the band, it was soon after Songs For The Deaf had come out, Mark Lanegan was there, they just effortlessly blew away every band that had gone before them. I’d love to see them play again, they’re still pretty awesome, but I don’t think they’re the same animal without Nick.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Ivan
    Participant

No, I saw Thin Lizzy like 3 years ago. It would be nice if Phil was alive, but they had some white guy singing and it wasn’t bad.

The time I saw Judas Priest, the PA was on the fritz for the first 3 bands. Since it was all metal, it sucked. The bass was too high so everytime the drummer did triplets or rolls on the bass drum, it was like being punched in the chest. It was Testament, Jerry Cantrell (of Alice in Chains) and Queensryche. Testament is crap live, and Queensryche is crap period. I like Jerry Cantrell’s solo stuff and his stuff with AiC, but he was there playing covers so it was ok at best. Judas Priest fuckin rocked, however, cuz they finally fixed the levels on the PA.

Also, Bucho, since it was right after Songs For The Deaf came out, was Dave Grohl on drums?

rob
    Participant

I did see Journey when I was eight. They are a little cheesy, but I enjoyed it, I guess. I did see Ugly Kid Joe, and that was pretty balls.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.