:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Coke and Mentos

• Comments Off on Coke and Mentos

Coke and Mentos

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Coke and Mentos

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Octavious
    Participant

Has anyone seen these videos, where they take Mentos – put in Coke or Diet Coke and it erupts. Can you use something else with carbornation other than Coke?

Newman
    Participant

I believe any sort of carbinated drink works, some better than others.

Frank
    Participant

Ah, the guys from Mythbusters did the Diet Coke and Mentos challenge. Turns out, it is the overall chemical makeup of Diet Coke, not regular Coke, that’ll do it. You don’t get as much bang for the buck with other drinks. I thought it was really well done.

Quick science lesson: The mentos candies look like golf balls on the outside, meaning there are millions of tiny little dimples. When you dunk them in the Diet Coke, the chemical reaction forms tiny bubbles off of each one of those dimples. That’s why there is such a huge rush of Diet Coke when you put it in.

Okay, that’s enough of me being smart for the day. My head hurts now.

Newman
    Participant
    Octavious
    Participant
    Frank wrote:
    Ah, the guys from Mythbusters did the Diet Coke and Mentos challenge. Turns out, it is the overall chemical makeup of Diet Coke, not regular Coke, that’ll do it. You don’t get as much bang for the buck with other drinks. I thought it was really well done.

Quick science lesson: The mentos candies look like golf balls on the outside, meaning there are millions of tiny little dimples. When you dunk them in the Diet Coke, the chemical reaction forms tiny bubbles off of each one of those dimples. That’s why there is such a huge rush of Diet Coke when you put it in.

WOW! and you also stayed in a Holiday Inn last night.

BSherrod
    Participant

As cool as that video was, those guys need a new hobby or perhaps a real dool (which has taken over the show and site, haha.)

Frank
    Participant
    Darth Octavious wrote:
    Frank wrote:

No, wise guy! I stayed in a Holiday Inn EXPRESS last night! πŸ˜†

Newman
    Participant
    Frank wrote:
    Darth Octavious wrote:
    Frank wrote:

Oh snap!

Frank
    Participant

Oooooo, burn!!!!!

Hell no, I’m not pissing him off. If his avatar looks like him, the guy’s freaking Vic Mackey! And as we all know, Mackey’s a bad mutha!

Octavious
    Participant
    Frank wrote:
    Frank wrote:
    Oooooo, burn!!!!!

Hell no, I’m not pissing him off. If his avatar looks like him, the guy’s freaking Vic Mackey! And as we all know, Mackey’s a bad mutha!

That’s funny! Nice burn, so what if missed Express, not a genius.

Back on topic. Also I have seen the videos with dry ice and water or Coke (doesn’t matter). From experience in that field, its cool. Especially when you use a water cooler bottle. big… BOOM!

Pa-ul
    Participant

What’s wrong with Dynamite?????

😯

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.