:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Clerks 2 review

• Comments Off on Clerks 2 review

Clerks 2 review

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Clerks 2 review

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    stealth1290
    Participant

OK, so i just got back from Clerks 2.
    Firstly, if you haven’t seen clerks1 or aren’t a keving smith fan, then you won’t get certain parts of this movie like black and white to color transitions and other things (read more in the spoiler section). The movie left me laughing, and it’s a great movie to see with friends, because of the constant swearing and refernces to sex avoid taking your girlfriend, wife, or mother-in-law. i went with my 2 buddies and my dad, we had a good time 😀
    Ok from this point till the [/spoiler] will be revealing plot to the movie YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

OK so the refernces to other Kevin Smith Movies (mooby’s) were great in this movie, and notice the transition from Black And White to Color. Dante re-opening the store in my opinion does one thing, closes the story, sorry folks but there is no room for a clerks3 just won’t happen plus Kevin Smith is trying to get away from the silent Bob era of movies, good bye ole’ friend.

Post thoughts of the movie.

Frank
    Participant

I thought it was a good movie, but the only word of advice is to not look at this is a sequel, but look at it is another chapter in the story a decade later. I know that analogy sucks, but I think if folks go to see this movie thinking “hehe, 37 … hehe” then you’re going to be disappointed.

And, as an aside, I think we all need to discuss Pillow Pants.

stealth1290
    Participant

so I’m not the only one who has encountered Pillow Pants

mike3point14159
    Participant

I saw Clerks 2 a couple days ago. But I got there a little late. I have seen all the promos, and the making of vidcast. I got there right as Randall walks into the burned video store, and is kicked out by the fireman.

Did I miss anything important that I wouldnt have seen in the comercials.

rob
    Participant

No, you didn’t. All you missed was —

SPOILER, BRYAN AND JERRY!

Dante rolling up in black and white and opening the shutters to see it on fire, in color. I’m sure that wouldn’t really be even a big deal if you read that and hadn’t seen the movie, but hey, whatever — some people want to stay super-pure.

mike3point14159
    Participant

Yes I had already seen that scene. So all I missed was 10 minutes of commercials.

By the way, am I the only one that wears earplugs at the movies? The volume seems way too loud to me.

rob
    Participant

I don’t really have that problem — I just hate people who talk in movies.

Bucho
    Participant

Years on building sites and playing filthy rock’n’roll have fucked my ears pretty royally so I need it loud in the theatre. I do wear a ball gag though.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Octavious
    Participant

Great movie. Saw it last night.

rob
    Participant

It’s the poo, dasfosho.

Scatt
    Participant

Finally saw this movie (I knew I wasn’t going to see it until DVD). Holy shit, the parts that made me laugh the hardest, made me roll out of my chair literally. I never “roll” out of anything. I, in fact, laughed so hard it made my shoulder hurt; how fucked up is that? Jason Mewes kicked my ass in this movie. I seriously thought I was going to die when being so sideswiped at something so simple as chugging half a Red Bull, then boot-kicking it away yelling, “Get tha fuck outta here!!!”.

Oh, and why the fuck to I pay attention to anyone at any time? I remember some sticky fuckstain back before it came out saying, “Uuuugh, in this movie, Randall spends the whole time just basically writing fighting with a guy on a blog. It’s like his whole story-line…uuuugh!” Fuck you! Die, you simple asshole! I thank that prick for tainting my anticipations of this movie!…whoever you were again. Thank you for being waaaay off. Two thumbs up a crack. Loved it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.