:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Clash Of The Titans

• Comments Off on Clash Of The Titans

Clash Of The Titans

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Clash Of The Titans

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Bucho
    Participant

There’s a teaser trailer out for the remake. Looks like a bunch of big stupid fun and surely they can’t stuff up a remake like this one, I hear it’s very faithful to the original story. Whatever, here it is hosted at CHUD. It might be hosted elsewhere in better quality but I don’t know, I didn’t look very hard beyond Apple.

http://chud.com/articles/articles/21516/1/CLASH-OF-THE-HARD-ROCK-TITANS/Page1.html

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Larkitect
    Participant

please please please for the love of ray harryhausen don’t let them mess this one up.

My essence still senses Bucho's women.

Larkitect
    Participant

found some higher rez links.

1080p

720p

480p

Bucho
    Participant

How would you rate the original Clash Of The Titans (COTT) vs Jason And The Argonauts (JATA) Lark (L)?

Version3
    Keymaster

Like the new sig Lark.

Larkitect
    Participant

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!

bucho, i just spent 45 minutes articulating an answer for you and clicked submit and the site asked me to login and i lost it all!!!

FUCK!!!!! FUCK!!!! FUCK!!!!

okay. i feel better. this time i’m gonna type it up in a text editor first. 🙂

Larkitect
    Participant

@Version3 42264 wrote:

Like the new sig Lark.

i had to use it. that was so hilarious. you wheezing and laughing trying to spit it out. i want that on a shirt.

i was either going to go with this one or the “people in glass houses shouldn’t throw cats”.

Larkitect
    Participant

okay bucho. here you go. i’m not as proud of this one as the one i lost but i think i still hit all the points i wanted to.

Musical Score
    i’ll start with the music score. both are fantastic and well-suited for each film. along side the visual effects, the music is an important and powerful component of these films. the music and fx are what elevates these films to their well-deserved ‘classic’ pedestals.

Acting
    i feel the acting is even between the two. nothing spectacular but that’s not what these movies are about. these are movie interpretations of character-driven stories, but the movies themselves are not character driven. they are fx driven. (kind of like some movies about big robots that get no love.) if i had to give one the edge it would be jason and the argonauts. i just feel that todd armstrong (jason) wasn’t as ‘rigid’ as harry hamlin (perseus).

Acting
    i also feel the story is pretty even. i happen to like the story of the golden fleece a lot more than the story of perseus. but that’s to sit down and read it. to watch it in a movie, they are both engaging and satisfying.

Special Visual Effects
    the fx. ah yes the special visual effects of ray harryhausen. the crux of the comparison. first let me say with complete sincerity that harryhausen was a pioneer and is analogous to ILM today. a one to one comparison wouldn’t be fair. but if we were to take each movie in its respective release year (1963 for “jason” and 1981 for “clash”) i think that jason and the argonauts is a greater technical achievement (just look at the battle with the skeletons. in 1963!). and that’s not to take anything away from the achievement of clash of the titans. i know how excited i was as a kid for “clash” in 1981 so i can just imagine what “jason” was like in 1963. (i was born in ’75 so i remember “clash” coming out but didn’t experience “jason” until much later. so deep down i will always prefer “clash” but i will try to remain unbiased here.)

so, all things considered i feel that jason and the argonauts is a better film overall. but the kid in me will always like clash of the titans more.

Bucho
    Participant

Yeah, the skeletons are the best, although I have always had a soft spot for krakens. And I’m all for remaking these as long as they keep the straight/fun vibe of the originals, I think the guys involved are definitely making it with all due respect to the Haus-man. Bring on Sinbad too.

Larkitect
    Participant

damn… she’s hot. time to go plant some more eggs.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.