:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Che

• Comments Off on Che

Che

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Bucho
    Participant

This project is fascinating to me. An extraordinary life, an extraordinary man, told by one of my favourite filmmakers with one of the best actors there is. I love Soderburgh, I love Benicio. But I don’t love Che Guevara. I can’t think of another film I’m more curious about right now.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/che/

Anyone else looking forward to ths one?

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bing
    Participant

I normally consider myself to be of average intellect and such but I gotta admit I don’t know squat about this Che Guevara guy other than the t-shirts.

Ignorant Americans for Prez!

rob
    Participant

Soderbergh’s okay, but he’s no David Fincher.

Bucho
    Participant

Funny you should say that Rob because even in spite of my Blanchett-lust and general respect for Mssrs Fincher and Pitt I couldn’t be less interested in Benjamin Button right now. Utterly shit trailer, boring poster, iffy reviews. I’ll see that on dvd just because it’s those people involved but it’s not registering at all on my anticipation-meter.

Overall I like Fincher’s sensibility and the quality of his body of work more but I like Traffic more than anything I’ve seen from him (I still haven’t gotten to Zodiac).

It’s a toss up between The Wrestler and Che for what I want to hurry up and come out here the most.

rob
    Participant

Wow, Zodiac’s like the shit and stuff. It’s been showing on the movie channels, and I end up watching everytime it’s on. It’s just great.

mike3point14159
    Participant

Zodiac is like the shit and stuff. I have gotten into the habit of watching a movie in 2 or 3 sittings over several days, it sort of makes the experience last longer, like a book. but the 2 1/2 hours of Zodiac just flew by. I don’t even know exactly what was that great about it. It’s just watchable I guess.

Anybody heard the theory that Ted Kaczynski might have been Zodiac? The timelines don’t overlap and Zodiac was never caught. I just want it to be true cause that would be so cool. I want to believe.

Bucho
    Participant

I’ve tried to get into the same habit Mike, to have movies eat up less of my time, but I can never break away from their steely gaze/grasp. I need to get onto Zodiac, there’s no good reason I haven’t yet apart from my OCD habits in the video store where I go in and see the shiny things on the top shelves and before I know it I’m rubbing them on myself and the girl behind the counter is calling the police again.

I never heard that about Kaczynski though, I never heard of a serial killer who switched MOs before, that’s X-Files type shit. Oh … I see what you did there. Nice one.

El Rustirino
    Participant

Hey, my dad might be getting a job on this thing. If he does, I can get some info to share with you.

Bucho
    Participant

These films are already finished Rusty, do you mean he’s going to work on the dvd package? He’s an editor, right?

El Rustirino
    Participant

Well, he told me that he was involved with this, so you’re probably right. I can check with him when he gets home.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.