:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Bullshit!

• Comments Off on Bullshit!

Bullshit!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ivan
    Participant

I’m away at school, and just was forwarded a news article that says my hometown is banning smoking everywhere. Not in cars, not in parks, not on the sidewalk; the only place where you can smoke is in a single family residence. I think it is absolute bullshit that the 5 douchebags on the city council got to decide this, and the public was totally left out. You can get ticketed for smoking. Fuck that noise. I’m aware of the risk, as I’m sure all other smokers are, and so I call bullshit..

Scatt
    Participant

This is just prohibition all over again. The government seems to think they can choose for other people when that’s not even possible. My advice is simply move. Hey, you don’t have to get specific, but where the hell do you live? Single residences only? What if you’ve got two or more people all smokers in the house? That’s retarded. Denis Leary was right all along back in the early nineties when he said, “What’s the law now? You can only smoke in your house, in your bedroom, under the blankets? You’ll never get me copper, see? I’ve got a cigarette machine in my house! Maah-see?-MAAH!!”

Version3
    Keymaster

Single-family… that would mean house, mobile home and such. You can smoke in these structures. Multi-family, is apartments, hotels and such. So, he is saying you can only smoke in your house, no place else. Not even outside in your own yard?!?

Scatt
    Participant
    Version3 wrote:
    Single-family… that would mean house, mobile home and such. You can smoke in these structures. Multi-family, is apartments, hotels and such. So, he is saying you can only smoke in your house, no place else. Not even outside in your own yard?!?

Gotcha. I see now.

I used to smoke regularly for over 3 years. I quit, and ‘yay good for me’ and whatever. I’m even at the point now where cigarette smoke is no longer a pleasing scent and I don’t really like leaving a smoker’s house smelling like it, but that doesn’t mean that I see this as a good thing like the people who put it into place are most likely thinking. I see it as simply another perspective of freedom being taken away from the individual. Lame.

Version3
    Keymaster

I think it should be up to the busines to allow or not allow smoking, and smoking outside? Banned? What ever, fucking polititicians.

BTW: I’m a non-smoker, and hate the smell… but I don’t like decisions being made for me either.

Octavious
    Participant
    Scatt wrote:
    …Denis Leary was right all along back in the early nineties when he said, “What’s the law now? You can only smoke in your house, in your bedroom, under the blankets? You’ll never get me copper, see? I’ve got a cigarette machine in my house! Maah-see?-MAAH!!”

Funny, got that CD.

I agree with Bryan.

Bucho
    Participant

Banning smoking outside is a worrying step. Non-smokers rights should be protected as far as practicable but unless you’re talking about stadiums there’s no reason at all you shouldn’t be able to smoke outside or in your own car or even in a smoking room at your workplace. That’s heading towards oppressive. Got a link to the article Ivan?

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

ROSS
    Participant

Here in Scotland, way back in March this year there was a smoking ban in all public places, and there hasnt been too much hastle over it at all, certainly not as much as I had anticipated. As a non-smoker myself I did and do think that it was a good idea, but like more or less everything else it has its advantages and disadvantages. Having a few friends who are smokers, Ive watched them as they sit in a bar pondering thier predicament, “should I sit hear clearly not enjoying myself, without a cigarette? Or will I go outside for a smoke in the thunderous rain and get soaked to the skin?” I do think that one advantageous modification to the law would be, as Bryan mentioned, that if it were up to the individual businesses whether or not to allow smoking.

Ivan
    Participant

Here is the document that persuaded the city council to enact the law http://www.belmont.gov/Upload/Document/D240002956/6A-CC-11142006.pdf

The article is here http://www.smdailyjournal.com/article_preview.php?id=66988

Newman
    Participant

Up here in Canada-land (i still love that VM bing!), well Ontario anyway, they made a law against smoking in public. Not many people listen to that, but most building have gone smoke free.

But I totally agree with Bryan, fuck the man that gives us rules!

Bing
    Participant

Newman..when are we gonna see some new boonie content?

As far as smoking goes I am dead serious when I say that we should all focus on one right we all have and few of us take advantage of…..the right to FART anywhere and anytime..

Fart away my brothers!!!!!!

Octavious
    Participant
    Newman
    Participant
    Bing wrote:
    Newman..when are we gonna see some new boonie content?

Currently as things are, there will be no more BoonieCast. It basicly got dropped because we all went away to school and have been bust and all that jazz.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.