:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Buddy totaled his Subaru STI

• Comments Off on Buddy totaled his Subaru STI

Buddy totaled his Subaru STI

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Buddy totaled his Subaru STI

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    stealth1290
    Participant

I have a friend with an STI. Last night he was heading back to Philly after hanging out with me for a few days. I got a call at 1:40am (must’ve slept through the ringer). Left a garbled voice mail, I thought I heard “the STI is dead”. Wasn’t 100% sure. He just sent me some photos, apparently he was going the speed limit (which amazes me), a deer darted out in front of him, he swerved, the rear end came off the ground, hit a tree, flipped and hit another tree.

Here are the pictures, harness bar saved his life.
    25i6r1u.jpg
    wv3juo.jpg
    o8rkec.jpg
    1088cj9.jpg

I was just happy to hear he was OK. Cars can be replaced, lives can’t.

Edit: He was just at the yard to get more pictures. Check his photobucket for all the pictures
    2vhtag5.jpg

Version3
    Keymaster

Obviously it’s totaled, but at least he had that wreck in a Subie. Not many other cars would have faired so well (at least not for the passengers).

stealth1290
    Participant

^ This is true, he said if he decides he wants another STI he’s putting a roll cage in for sure. The Harness bar kept it sturdy enough to not collapse in on itself. He (and his passenger) are really really lucky.

stealth1290
    Participant

He just uploaded 40 pictures of the car:
    http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg170/phate1229/the%20subaru/

Even brings a tear to my Detroit Muscle lovin eye. Moment of silence…

Octavious
    Participant

Well I hope he is alright. Deer fucking suck!

Bucho
    Participant

Yeah, he’s lucky he survived both the crash and a deer attack, those deer will eat you soon as look at you. They’re fast too, faster than a cheetah. And they can fly.

It is deer I’m thinking of isn’t it?

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Octavious
    Participant

@Bucho 39675 wrote:

Yeah, he’s lucky he survived both the crash and a deer attack, those deer will eat you soon as look at you. They’re fast too, faster than a cheetah. And they can fly.

Close. It’s reindeer.

stealth1290
    Participant

@Bucho 39675 wrote:

Nope, you’re thinking of El Chucacabra

stealth1290
    Participant
    Bucho
    Participant

@stealth1290 39677 wrote:

Nope, you’re thinking of El Chucacabra

Oh yeah. They’re good eating too, but a little gamey once they get bigger than 9 foot tall.

Did the passengers get any injuries at all beyond cuts and bruises?

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bing
    Participant

It amazes me how sometimes a car can be fuckin’ mashed like tin foil and no one gets hurt yet sometimes what looks like a fender-bender turns people into jelly or knocks them back to the mind of a 5 year old. (no offense Bucho)

Here in the south the deer thing is all over the place, you can hit them bitches on the interstate. Shit wouldn’t happen if we could mount guns and tracking computers on cars.

Glad your bud is okay. Hope he doesn’t freak out every time he hears the sounds deer make for the rest of his life. BOBBIE!

Although that would be good for fucking with him.

stealth1290
    Participant

those commenters on Jalopnik irritated me… “Oh, alcohol must’ve been a factor” Yeah, don’t you think the first thing the police did was a breathalyzer? “It still has snow tires on” Right, those are actually all seasons. “It must be the ricer boy suspension mods, they never do those correct” The dealership put the suspension on… and everyone knows how half assed dealerships are with there installations! Sorry, just had to vent… I love all the internet know it alls who post after something like that. Oh, also… it was just him and his girlfriend, and his girlfriend would never let him speed or generally be an ass.

Oh, and his new car is going to be an early 90s BMW E30. Me and him are road tripping to pick one up from a less harsh state (Florida or Georgia, I don’t remember which).

Octavious
    Participant

That’s cool the Jalponik picked up the story. Fuck the commenters.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.