:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Brandon’s Buttered Popcorn Reviews:#1 Mission Impossible III

• Comments Off on Brandon’s Buttered Popcorn Reviews:#1 Mission Impossible III

Brandon’s Buttered Popcorn Reviews:#1 Mission Impossible III

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Brandon’s Buttered Popcorn Reviews:#1 Mission Impossible III

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BSherrod
    Participant

First of all, I don’t like butter on my popcorn, but I sure love me some movies. That’s why I decided to spend a fortune and go see Mission Impossible III. Now, MI3 is pretty hyped up, but there was no way I was buying into that. I walked into the theater with a blank mind and a kiddie combo, not expecting anything at all. To sum up the movie in one word, it would be: OK. I mean it differs a lot from the stylized second movie and ,if I remember correctly, it’s closer to the first. The snippets of the John Woo- directed first sequel that I can remember seemed all flash with no substance. Woo applied his usual style to a story that didn’t need it, making it the “new millineum” action movie or something like that. It reflected it’s time’s (being released in 2000 when we were all fresh off of our Matrix high) and was a nice popcorny, summer flick. But it’s 2006 and Tom Cruise is not with Nicole Kidman and is in a crazy Sci-fi religion. So how is MI3? MI3 is not a big of deal as it plays itself to be. Sure they’re are a couple of scenes that made me say “Woah that was cool” and most that were standard fare. I can’t tell weather I like the close up shaky-camera angles that are used, but if I’m not mistaken it’s a series staple. His relationship with his fiance seems interesting at first, but increasinglyunbelievable as the movie goes on. The cast all does a fine job of doing their roles and I’m pretty sure they’re are no Oscar winners in here. Overall, it has enough cool scenes to warrant a matinee ticket and avoiding the crowd, as opposed to waiting for the the DVD release.

I give Mission Impossible III 2 out 4 bees yo.

rob
    Participant

I like it quite a bit. My big problem with it was there didn’t seem to be enough story, but it was just a hell of a good time. I really don’t see me spending that much more time thinking about it, really. It’s one of those that isn’t really deep, so I can’t see myself watching it over and over, but still entertaining, if that makes sense.

Bucho
    Participant

Nice Brandon, I like your style. I haven’t seen it yet but one paper and one TV review I’ve seen said pretty much what Rob said, and echoed your line that it’s better than Woo’s version. I probably won’t read anymore MI3 reviews though because it seems like every reviewer can’t help themselves bringing up Tom Cruise’s personal life. I’ll forgive you for it 😉 coz you’re a Switched On dude but I don’t need to hear about all that shit anymore in proffesional reviews or the fucking mainstream news, you can’t escape it. The worst thing is this retard chick doing the TV review starts by saying **I wasn’t expecting to like MI3 because I’m suffering from Tom Cruise personal life overload … THANKS RETARD, NOW WE GET MORE OF IT FROM YOU RETARD!!!

Haha, sorry about the rant, hope I can write as much about the film when I’ve seen it. Bring on more reviews dude.

**read aloud to yourself in whiny annoying retard voice.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bucho
    Participant

I saw this last weekend and pretty much had a similar experience to you guys. I could nitpick stuff like how I’ve always though it was lame that someone in a latex mask could fool anyone and that Hoffman’s death scene should have been shot better but I think it accomplished its escapist action spectacular goals. The scene where he goes over the edge of the building is real good and the two main twists nailed me, what happened to Keri Russell’s character was real well done and I was totally sucked in by the bridge and China scenes. Plus I liked seeing Michelle Monaghan again after Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. She’s more than just a pretty face that one. 4/6.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.