:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Boss embarasses me from 2,500 miles away

• Comments Off on Boss embarasses me from 2,500 miles away

Boss embarasses me from 2,500 miles away

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Boss embarasses me from 2,500 miles away

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

Okay, here’s the story. My boss (the sports editor) and a columnist at my paper decide to trek across the country to cover the Winthrop basketball team playing in Spokane, Wash. A few things you should know: 1.) my boss hates flying, 2.) they thought this would be “kinda cool” and 3.) ever since the company I work for bought another company, we’ve been too cheap to actually spend money on anything.

So off they go, leave on Tuesday and get there Thursday. Along the way, they wrote blogs and columns talking about the trip, etc. Well, once they got there, they became the story. Not the team, oh no, but my boss and the columnist. TV stations are lined up to interview them, radio shows are having them on, etc. And the one fucking thing they could say to people who have no idea what we’re like is: “We’re hungry. They don’t have grits here.” I shit you not. Grits.

Anyway, in case anyone’s interested in seeing these buffoons (I actually like the columnist, though), here’s the link to that video. Grits. Could have said anything else and they went with grits.

http://www.spokanetogo.com/news-video/?mgid=4984.

Frank
    Participant

Okay, here’s the story. My boss (the sports editor) and a columnist at my paper decide to trek across the country to cover the Winthrop basketball team playing in Spokane, Wash. A few things you should know: 1.) my boss hates flying, 2.) they thought this would be “kinda cool” and 3.) ever since the company I work for bought another company, we’ve been too cheap to actually spend money on anything.

So off they go, leave on Tuesday and get there Thursday. Along the way, they wrote blogs and columns talking about the trip, etc. Well, once they got there, they became the story. Not the team, oh no, but my boss and the columnist. TV stations are lined up to interview them, radio shows are having them on, etc. And the one fucking thing they could say to people who have no idea what we’re like is: “We’re hungry. They don’t have grits here.” I shit you not. Grits.

Anyway, in case anyone’s interested in seeing these buffoons (I actually like the columnist, though), here’s the link to that video. Grits. Could have said anything else and they went with grits.

http://www.spokanetogo.com/news-video/?mgid=4984

Version3
    Keymaster

How is their travel interesting enough to catch that attention? I don’t get it. Oh, is he using an iBook or a Macbook (your editor).

Version3
    Keymaster

How is their travel interesting enough to catch that attention? I don’t get it. Oh, is he using an iBook or a Macbook (your editor).

Bing
    Participant
    Version3 wrote:

amen…

Bing
    Participant
    Version3 wrote:

amen…

Frank
    Participant

I’m pretty sure it’s a Macbook, although I’m not 100 percent sure. And to answer your question, I’m not really sure why their trip became such big news.

Frank
    Participant

I’m pretty sure it’s a Macbook, although I’m not 100 percent sure. And to answer your question, I’m not really sure why their trip became such big news.

Octavious
    Participant

Gotta love Carolina people and there grits. So which one is your boss.

Octavious
    Participant

Gotta love Carolina people and there grits. So which one is your boss.

Frank
    Participant

The older guy in the sweater and glasses. McCann is his name.

Frank
    Participant

The older guy in the sweater and glasses. McCann is his name.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.