:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Bluetooth Ipod

• Comments Off on Bluetooth Ipod

Bluetooth Ipod

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Bluetooth Ipod

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ROSS
    Participant

I heard a little bit about the possibility of a bluetooth ipod being released some time in the near future, on the “Stuff Magazine Podcast”. The bluetooth capability, would allow the ipod to be used with wireless headphones (whoo hoo! No more insanely long, constantly tangled up, constantly getting broken, apple earbud headphones to endure with!), incar stereos, ipod speakers or home entertainment system. It would even allow you to send music to and from your mobile phone! I just thought it sounded really cool. 8) Anyone else heard anything more about it?.

Version3
    Keymaster

It’s been a rumor for a long time. It’s very likely to happen, and it would have to be pretty soon, since the Apple branded iPod/Cell Pones are likely to be near the 12 month mark from now. The manufacturer has even already been discovered on these. So, with new iPods rumored to come out anytime now (Tues as in tomorrow is a heavily rumored unveil date) this may be a reality very soon. A lot of people are still speculating that the new widescreen video iPods are next, but it may be more likely that the shuffle and nanos will get the next round of updates. That’s just what I think though… we’ll soon find out.

Newman
    Participant

I think they should introduce the cool features in older models, as I have a photo and it hasnt been updated for a while.

ElNacho
    Participant

hey, anyone remember back in that time when ipods were those plain old mp3-players?

Brickster
    Participant
    Newman wrote:
    I think they should introduce the cool features in older models, as I have a photo and it hasnt been updated for a while.

You can’t add bluetooth to a iPod with a firmware update, it takes hardware.

Version3
    Keymaster

Although it could technically be possible to add a bluetooth adapter of some some sort via the normal iPod communication port, the changes that may be required to the software to allow it might be too much of a performance impact, and too expensive for Apple or owners of older iPods to worry about it.

I have a 20G 4G iPod, and with bluetooth, I’d actually evaluate buying a new one.

rob
    Participant

Has there been any info on whether Bluetooth chips aren’t already in some of the newer models? I can tell you that a lot of phone manufacturers have done that, with the hopes that they can perfect the software enough to be able to unlock it. Bluetooth chips aren’t expensive, but Apple could charge a premium price just because it has it.

Version3
    Keymaster

With how much people love to take apart the new ____ from Apple and study it, it would have been found already, so I doubt that is the case. I think that bluetooth and a few other abilities would be a good move for a Tuesday launch (that’ today by the way) for Apple, a revolutionary new iPod (like the full widescreen thing) would more likely come at the Developer’s conference I’d think. I’ve been wrong before though.

I do expect the MacBooks to come out today though… they aren’t a secret at all, and it’s just a matter of time before the website changes. I’m going to push to get one at work.

Version3
    Keymaster

Well, now iPod announcements today, that increases the chances that a major iPod upgrade will be announced at the developer’s conference. But the MacBooks did come out today, available now in Black as well as the classic white color. It only comes in one size now, 13″ widescreen and the small ‘pro’ line laptop (the 12″ Powerbook) is gone completely, presumably because it’s part of the Macbook lineup. It’s really a MacBook Pro level of performance with less video, no aluminum case and smaller form factor. So I guess it’s a Powerbook replacement as much as it is an iBook replacement.

The MacBook Pros got a speed bump as well, but nothing major. The iBooks and PowerBook 12″ are gone from the store. That leaves only the G5 64bit Powermac to be replaced this year. I’m really looking forward to that one. Not that I can get one.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.