:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Blockbuster and Blu-ray

• Comments Off on Blockbuster and Blu-ray

Blockbuster and Blu-ray

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Blockbuster and Blu-ray

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    digitaltopia
    Participant

Blockbuster is only going to carry HD movies in the Blu-ray format.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19289649/wid/11915829?GT1=10056

Frank
    Participant

The AP sent a piece on this yesterday that I remember reading. It certainly seems to me that (unless you’re Harry on AICN) the world is leaning towards Blu-Ray. I’m not sure a Blu-Ray player would really make a difference on a regular, non-HD TV, but one day I know the Big Screen Plasma Fairy will come visit me and drop off something.

Moreover, once I do get off my ass and have the money to do it, I’ll probably end up doing what Rob did and just getting a PS3. Hell, at least that way when God of War 3 comes out, I’ll be able to play it!

It’s either that, or I’m coming to live over at Rob’s house. Okay, who’s with me? Big slumber party at Rob’s!

digitaltopia
    Participant

It seems like every commercial I see these days says, “Now available on DVD and high-definition Blu-ray!”, so from my perspective, it seems to be winning too.

As for what the Plasma Fairy will drop off… you’ll need a mop for that.

Bing
    Participant
    Frank wrote:
    The AP sent a piece on this yesterday that I remember reading. It certainly seems to me that (unless you’re Harry on AICN) the world is leaning towards Blu-Ray. I’m not sure a Blu-Ray player would really make a difference on a regular, non-HD TV, but one day I know the Big Screen Plasma Fairy will come visit me and drop off something.

Moreover, once I do get off my ass and have the money to do it, I’ll probably end up doing what Rob did and just getting a PS3. Hell, at least that way when God of War 3 comes out, I’ll be able to play it!

It’s either that, or I’m coming to live over at Rob’s house. Okay, who’s with me? Big slumber party at Rob’s!

I’ll bet you and Rob would be so cute in your lingerie having pillow fights

rob
    Participant

Me in lingerie. That makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it.

Bing
    Participant
    rob wrote:

You ain’t met Frank yet…….

Frank
    Participant

AAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

You’re right but still, cheap shot.

You suck, by the way.

Pa-ul
    Participant
    Bing wrote:
    rob wrote:

You ain’t met Frank yet…….

There’s always the tutu.

Billy Elliot eat your heart out (or at least the ballerina) 😯

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

Scatt
    Participant

What is the status so far? I have to get an HDTV first and foremost, but when I do, I want to get what’s sticking around. Thats why these format-wars suck dick, because the people who aren’t bias towards one or the other have difficulty choosing, because they can’t decipher which one is truly superior. Last I heard, the best arguements were that blu-ray has better movie playback and of course, larger storage capacity, and that the storage capacity isn’t an issue to HDDVD, because they have better compression tactics that blu-ray isn’t utilizing, so you’re using up the same amount of disc space in both, regardless of the capacity.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.