:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Black Mac = up the price $200!

• Comments Off on Black Mac = up the price $200!

Black Mac = up the price $200!

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Black Mac = up the price $200!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ROSS
    Participant

Why, if you want a black macbook, are you forced to have to pay $200 more! I just dont see any logic behind it, why cant they just be the same price, no matter what colour you want it in. I am currently a PC user, and always have been, but recently I was thinking about getting a Mac laptop, because of the such apparent simplicity which has attracted me to Macs, compared with the sometimes infuriating 😈 user unfreindly operating style asociated with PC’s. So, I went on to Apple.com to look for laptops, and I noticed the difference in price between a white mac and a black mac, I know its a very minor thing that im bitching at, but i just coludnt see any reason for it?.

Version3
    Keymaster

My guess is it is the simple marketing approach to brand strength… they expect that one to be the ‘in’ book to have, and making it limited to the larger machine, they increase their sales are the higher performers, that increases their speed rep.

I think it should be an option across the line though, and so should not having that fucking glossy screen.

rob
    Participant

I read that the glossy screen is not a big deal indoors, and I don’t know about you, but my outdoor laptop use is very limited.

mike3point14159
    Participant

The black one has a 80 gig hard drive, the white one has a 60 gig. But you can upgrade the white to an 80 gig for $50 so is costs $150 to have it colored black.

YouFollowMe
    Participant

That’s really messed up. The black iPod is the same price as the white iPod, so why can’t Macbook’s be the same. This is flat out racist, yo.

Version3
    Keymaster

Novelty can be expensive.

Rob: Have you ever used one of these glossy screens? Okay, so they are not that bad ‘indoors’ as you say, just avoid lamps, windows, or any source of light that is not completely overhead. Drop ceiling with flourescents? I hope you don’t like your screen leaned back. Sorry, as vivid and cool contrasty they may be, they suck for anything but watching DVDs. You damn sure can’t do much design work on one. Seems I always sit where a window can mess things up. Oh sure, this glossy screen wouldn’t be causing me a problem right this minute, but if I were to switch couches, I’d have to turn slightly sideways to not get a super harsh glare. Not for me. I’m not irritated that they make it, colors really do look kick ass on these. I’m annoyed that it’s the only way you can get one. At least the MacBook Pro made it merely an option.

rob
    Participant

I can say that no, I haven’t used one. But, I don’t do design work on my laptop, either, because I’m just an above-average Internet user (or abuser, if you like).

Version3
    Keymaster

I don’t think it’s design work that’s affected, I think we’ll see a lot of college folks (a large part of MacBook’s demographic) will be bitching about this screen. Like I said, they look good, but should be an option.

Octavious
    Participant
    YouFollowMe? wrote:
    That’s really messed up. The black iPod is the same price as the white iPod, so why can’t Macbook’s be the same. This is flat out racist, yo.

What about the yellow one’s, the red one’s, yo!

ElNacho
    Participant

those’re the little people ipods, they dont count

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.