:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

BigDog – Cool Robot

• Comments Off on BigDog – Cool Robot

BigDog – Cool Robot

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge BigDog – Cool Robot

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Version3
    Keymaster

Any of your seen this thing already? It has better balance than most people! Very cool stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1czBcnX1Ww

digitaltopia
    Participant

I saw it the other night on The History Channel’s new show.

Newman
    Participant

Yea I saw it back when it first came around. Pretty kick ass concept for a machine.

It reminds me of some of the enemies on Half-Life 2.

thx_1227
    Participant

The beta model was pretty impressive too…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXJZVZFRFJc

Though I will say such a thing is somewhat unsettling, think of this thing with a fully operational computer as a brain. A unit able to think and do as it wishes. This is what disturbs me the most about today’s technology. The fact that machines will soon, in the next 200 years by my guess will able to think freely as humans or maybe worse better than humans brings up a whole lot of scary possibilities.

Bryan you’re a bigger fellow, no offense so am I, but you sound at least somewhat versed in self defense. Now think if something like this Big Dog is made to be more intelligent than humans how would you defend yourself? I mean if the machine has that great of balance that takes allot of your choices away; as does the fact that it does not feel pain. Robots or rather the next step in evolution will likely be the new rulers of the world.

And why do I hear the Outer limits theme playing in my head? And why….yes why…do I hear this voice screaming “BIIIIING”…..wait that was the show but that still doesn’t explain the theme.

All and all this thing is very creepy.

Bing
    Participant

When do the robotic sex dolls come out?

Version3
    Keymaster

That was it Bing… the sheep 1000.

On the note of self-defense, it’s true. That’s why I’m working on the personal EMP. That will solve it all, within a 16ft radius.

digitaltopia
    Participant

The show on The History Channel I referred to was all about robots. They estimated we’ll have completely autonomous robots by 2025, and on top of that, they’re currently working on self-replicating nanites so the robots can build themselves and repair each other. Basically, the Replicators from Star Gate.

Larkitect
    Participant

for some reason when i look at that thing i get a weird feeling of not wanting to be raped.

My essence still senses Bucho's women.

Bing
    Participant

I want to hear more of The Captain’s ninja Mojo-Fu fighting style….

Bucho
    Participant

We are so fucked. There’s no way robots aren’t set to inherit the earth. The best we can hope for now is to learn how to act like them so when they finally do take over we can move among them undetected. All these years of perfecting my “the robot” on the dancefloor are finally going to pay off and I’ll smile (inside) while all who dissed my moves burn under the laser-eyed glare of our robot masters.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Larkitect
    Participant

like in shaun of the dead, when they are trying to get to the bar and have to act like the zombies?

i grew up in the 80’s, so i can do the robot.

My essence still senses Bucho's women.

Bucho
    Participant

Yeah, that’s probably why I thought of it, I just watched Shaun again a few days ago.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

rob
    Participant

That’s pretty funny…the last thing I think of when I see that is the fear of getting raped. I think it’s incredibly cool.

Version3
    Keymaster

The last thing I think about when I look at it is performing lapriscopic surgery on a family of exiled jawas to remove the gland that causes jawa dwarfism, but the second to the last thing is probably being raped by a robotic dog.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.