:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Automobiles for play…

• Comments Off on Automobiles for play…

Automobiles for play…

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Automobiles for play…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rob
    Participant

You wouldn’t believe the day I had yesterday. I got to work and was chased by a pack of angry poodles to the door, and at the exact moment that I started to feel safe, as my heart resumed its leisurely pace, as the sweat that had accumulated after my 20 foot run to the door started to evaporate off of my cheap shirt, I realized something very…very important. Something over the last month that I had almost forgotten in my daze of new jobness.

I hadn’t watched a trailer in a few days.

Now, what was I to do? I had work to do, for God’s sake, and somebody’s got to do something about those dogs.

So I waited until today. And what did I find?

The “Fast and Furious” trailer.

What?, you might say. Why would you watch such drivel? It’s not really that bad, is it, to watch a trailer for a movie that you just know is gonna be shite. In fact, the first few frames showed a beautiful thing. A thing that only a couple of others in my entire lifetime had also expressed their appreciation for such a wonderful piece of machinery.

A Grand National speeding past the camera…

Now, if you love the Grand Nationals…if you appreciate that finely tuned machinery — don’t watch this trailer. It’s heartbreaking. It just irritates the living fuck out of me. “Fast and motherfucking Furious”?!? Really? You waste a fine automobile on that piece of garbage?!? I just hate to see that.

Maybe it’s because I’ve worked for a living. Maybe it’s because I appreciate what I get, and what I own, and what I choose to fill my life with. But seeing a dumbass movie like this just waste something like that — doesn’t it irritate you? Does it get under your skin like one of those mcfuckin’ beetles in the Mummy? Why do they have to do that? WHY? Gone in 60 Seconds — sure it’s kind of a guilty pleasure. It’s by no means a good movie, but it’s entertaining.

Until the last 30 minutes.

When I see Nic Cage fly that thing across the bridge and totally destroy that car…it makes the tips of my nipples burn.

Am I the only one? Am I the only one that gets so damn irritated and just flat-out angry when I see nothing but WASTE on the screen, that it almost takes your admiration for the film away?.

Version3
    Keymaster

Didn’t I just post here about that trailer (and hinted at the GN) last week?

Anyway, I saw it, I giggled like a school girl (I always do this when I see one), then I was irritated. At least “Life” last season didn’t screw up the one on the show. It angers me when this happens, because it decreases my chances of ever having anothe one.

I keep seeing a promo spot for local station NBC 5 and how it’s been around for 60 years. During it, they feature the ’87 Grand National, and in another one they feature the ’92 GMC Syclone… if you don’t know what that is, think GN, slightly larger displacement, all-wheel drive… oh, yeah and a truck bed. Anyway, I grin like a retard with Skittles for 10 minutes after I see one.

Rob, I wasn’t aware that you actually liked them that much.

rob
    Participant

I like them, even though I’ve never owned or driven one. You turned me on to them.

Remember, I sent a picture from my phone of the one I saw in Benbrook, and there was one that lived in my apartment complex in Grand Prairie, and got to see him take off a few times. That, partnered with what you’ve told me about them, and what’s not to like?

And I’ve never seen a Syclone, but the cop that used to do security at the Blockbuster I used to work at had a Lightning, and man, that thing was nice.

Version3
    Keymaster

I don’t remember the one in your apartments (maybe I remember you calling me once) but then I’m retarded these days.

Yeah, the GMC Syclone was MUCH cooler than the Lightning in my opinion; it was definitely faster. It was a smaller truck though. I see them very seldom these days and the GMC Typhoon (the blazer version of the same truck) even less.

53218384_pr.jpg

syclone.jpg

gmc-typhoon.jpg

I need to have money.

mike3point14159
    Participant

I guess I’m one of those anal retentives fuckers that gets pissy at the smallest imperfection. (except for spellin)

First of all its called a “Road Train” not a “Land Train”.

Second of all, a Road Train consists of three full size trailers, not four half size trailers.

Third of all, as far as I know only Australia allows Land Train/ tripple main(45′) trailers. (the tripple trailer big rigs you see in America are 23′ dry freight trailers.)(some states do allow double main(2 X 45′)but only on limited access interstate roads)

Fourth of all, those 23′ trailers only hold 4500 gallons max. 4500 X 4 = 18,000 gallons of liquid.
    for that to equal 1.4 million dollars, that means the liquid they have in them is $77 per gallon.

Other than that, I’m all for it.

mike3point14159
    Participant
    mike3point14159 wrote:
    I guess I’m one of those anal retentives fuckers that gets pissy at the smallest imperfection. (except for spellin)

First of all its called a “Road Train” not a “Land Train”.

Second of all, a Road Train consists of three full size trailers, not four half size trailers.

Third of all, as far as I know only Australia allows Land Train/ tripple main(45′) trailers. (the tripple trailer big rigs you see in America are 23′ dry freight trailers.)(some states do allow double main(2 X 45′)but only on limited access interstate roads)

Fourth of all, those 23′ trailers only hold 4500 gallons max. 4500 X 4 = 18,000 gallons of liquid.
    for that to equal 1.4 million dollars, that means the liquid they have in them is $77 per gallon.

Other than that, I’m all for it.

Oh yeah, idiot, what about this!
    2841581189_9a20965ca9_b.jpg

mike3point14159
    Participant

Sorry, I should have done my homework before I pretend I am an expert at something, on the internet.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.