:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Anyone seen that P.O.S. "Shutter?"

• Comments Off on Anyone seen that P.O.S. "Shutter?"

Anyone seen that P.O.S. "Shutter?"

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Anyone seen that P.O.S. "Shutter?"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

Okay, seriously, I’m supposed to be pee-pee scared/freaked out by some wronged spirit of a little Japanese woman? Seriously? Is this the best we can come up with these days?.

Version3
    Keymaster

Sorry to say it, but that shit formula works at generating dollars… all you need is some creepy looking black-haired people, blue-tinted film a poorly explained revenge plot and you have a modern popcorn thriller. The Ring was decent, but all of the movies that have followed that look have been 100% shite.

Frank
    Participant
    Version3 wrote:
    Sorry to say it, but that shit formula works at generating dollars… all you need is some creepy looking black-haired people, blue-tinted film a poorly explained revenge plot and you have a modern popcorn thriller. The Ring was decent, but all of the movies that have followed that look have been 100% shite.

Dude, how did you know that was EXACTLY what the movie was about? Wait, how did I know that was EXACTLY what the movie was going to be about before going to see it? Ah, see, when you’re actually dating someone for the first time in what seems like eons, you find yourself saying things that you wouldn’t normally say, like, “I’ll get the check,” or “It’s okay, I can wait down here for 20 minutes until you get ready,” or “Sure, that sounds like a decent movie to watch.” That’s THREE shit movies we’ve seen since we started dating: Shutter, Untraceable and Vantage Point. I told her I’m holding our for the new Indy flick, the new Batman flick, Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Ironman. I was told I had a lot of chick flicks in my future.

I know there’s a decent trade-off here, I just know there is …

FYI, Run Fatboy, Run is fairly funny, not your usual Simon Pegg fair, but since it was written by Michael Ian Black (the least funny guy on the “I Love the (fill in the blank decade)” shows on VH1 and directed by David “It’s always been you, Rach” Schwimmer, it doesn’t surprise me. However, Shutter did make a decent amount at the box office this weekend, but as long as there’s a “Tyler Perry’s Movie About Black Folks,” out, that’s going to rake in the big bucks.

Okay, I’m done venting now and am going to try to get some sleep tonight.

rob
    Participant

Yeah, there were really two good laughs in Run, Fatboy, Run, but it really is more of your standard kinda romcom type of movie. And I understand that Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost probably have things they want to do besides working with each other all the time, but that’s really what they should do. Because it’s funny.

Oh, and if you haven’t watched Spaced yet, come over to the house and we’ll have a marathon.

(Seriously, it’s fucking genius.)

Frank
    Participant
    rob wrote:
    Yeah, there were really two good laughs in Run, Fatboy, Run, but it really is more of your standard kinda romcom type of movie. And I understand that Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost probably have things they want to do besides working with each other all the time, but that’s really what they should do. Because it’s funny.

Oh, and if you haven’t watched Spaced yet, come over to the house and we’ll have a marathon.

(Seriously, it’s fucking genius.)

I’ve heard about Spaced and I’ve heard that they’re all really pissed off that they’re doing an American version and British folks will have no say-so over any of it.

rob
    Participant

Yeah. Fuck McG. Sure, Edgar, Simon, and Jessica Stevenson signed over their rights to get Spaced made in the first place, but for McG and whoever he’s working with not even having the common courtesy to talk to them over it…

Visit here to read Simon’s statement on it. Quite entertaining.

El Rustirino
    Participant

i’m gonna go see horton hears a who tomorrow

Version3
    Keymaster

Horton is good for what it is. Not great, but enjoyable.

Frank: If she’s not taking it in the pooter right now, or blowing you on the way to each of these train wrecks, you might want to think about fighting a battle or two now. Showing her that you will always let her have her way sets a very bad precedent.

If you stand your ground about things now, but she likes you, she’ll just tell herself that she can change you, and you have a chance at winning some debate with little effort for a long time. If you give in all of the time now, you are fucked. It’s a hole you will never climb out of, so if she’s not letting you do all the weirdest shit you ever wanted to do with her now, it may not be a totally fair trade.

Take it from me, it’s REALLY hard to live every day with someone that you know has shit taste in movies and TV. Oh and music. Oh and…

Bing
    Participant

I agree with The Cap that being in a legally and morally binding relationship with someone who’s television viewing habits are either CSI or Dancing with the stars can be a lot to deal with.

Personally I think the best strategic move at this stage of the relationship is to remove movies as the main entertainment of the date proper. I mean you got all them theatres for live shit and all that stuff, surely somewhere there is a place non-drinking 30 somethings can go to socialize and unwind (that doesn’t cost you a gabazillion dollars)

Besides if all dates are movie dates the “excitement” quickly burns out.

Buy her a stuffed animal and a gas-powered dildo..with a gallon of lube, if she laughs keep her, if she says ok then run away scared and cover your ass.

Bing
    “He Knoweth that Knowledge is Knowing”

Version3
    Keymaster

As of that posting you and Rob have the same post count. Awwwww, you’re twinkies.

rob
    Participant

I think we can all agree that you’re never going to find the absolute perfect woman, but find the one that complements you. Now, do I like everything that April watches on TV? Fucks, no, and it’s the same with her music choices, but we are similar enough with the rest of our stuff that it works pretty well.

And more about Spaced — it’s the fact that they haven’t contacted Simon, Jessica or Edgar for anything, but are happy to use their names to promote their version of it in their press releases. That’s what sucks about it. And really, it wouldn’t have taken more effort than trying to contact them to let them know their intentions.

Version3
    Keymaster

All people suck… but decision makers in the Entertainment industry blow goats, and swallow.

Frank
    Participant

Yeah, right now, I know that she likes American Idol (that’s a strike in my book) and she’s into country music … not “real” country music like Johnny Cash or the like, but “real” country music like Carrie Underwood and Hank McTwiddleFuck … okay, so I made that last one up. She does listen to some of the music that I enjoy and she does enjoy some of the same TV shows and movies that I like. I think it’s one of those things where it’s going to have to be a balancing act, but I’m thinking this one’s actually fairly cool enough to keep around for awhile (there are no signs of craziness … yet). I expected a lot of give-and-take with this relationship, so I guess I’m in it for the long haul. Hell, she hasn’t run away screaming yet, which is a good thing.

And Bing you’re right, there’s not much in the way of interesting things to do around these parts unless you like to go clubbing, in which case you have to drive to Charlotte and I’m too fucking old to go out clubbing it up with some young twenty-somethings, where the beer is outrageously expensive and the music is so loud you have to scream to be heard … plus you’re wedged into a room with 500 people when it’s only supposed to have 100, yeah, you get the idea. Fuck all that noise.

El Rustirino
    Participant

Holy shit, Horton was so cool. I assume Bryan’s seen it (or I at least hope he’s not basing his review of the movie on stuff he’s read, lol jk but bryan did you see it). But I can assure you that it’s better than most of the shit in the theater right now and that you should go see it.

Seriously, though, Vlad is my hero. Or actually, his accent is

Version3
    Keymaster

Yeah I saw it. I enjoyed it pretty well, like I said… it’s good, it’s just not a great movie. You really like the Vlad? It drove me crazy, but then I think Will Arnet is super over-exposed in comedy right now, and he’s not very funny actually. I haven’t forgiven him for The Brothers Soloman, because I sat through the whole damn thing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.