:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

And my mouth is numb

• Comments Off on And my mouth is numb

And my mouth is numb

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge And my mouth is numb

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

Okay, going out to see Jackass No. 2 with Bing the other night, I did what I always do and got some nachos. While eating them, one went up between my teeth and my lip and cut me right where the lip and gum meet. Needless to say it was painful.

Today, it was still hurting. So, after work, I went over to the friendly, neighborhood Walgreens and talked with a lovely older lady behind the prescription counter. I told her my problem and asked what I could do to fix it.

After scaring me “You’ll need this wash because it might become infected” she told me to just you Abusol (is that how you spell it?). So, I grabbed a tube marked Extra Strength, because I am a macho kinda guy, and came home.

I put a little on my finger and tried to apply it that way, but I couldn’t get that to work. So, I jabbed the tube up there and squeezed.

Now, my gums are numb, my tongue is numb, my lips are numb and pretty much everything else, is numb.

So be careful when applying something that’s almost the same damned thing is novacaine, because, damn..

Bucho
    Participant

Man, I winced when you described that cutting … mouth injuries are a special kind of hell. Like when I’m chewing and I bite a lip or my tongue, if someone asks if I’m okay in that first 30 seconds I feel like decking them, it’s irrational and ridiculous but an unavoidable instinct it seems. You probably feel like smashing me right now. 😀

😀

As a result, if me or my bros ever catch each other in such a circumstance we consider it our duty to taunt, “Feeeeel the paaaaiiiinnn, feeeeel the paaaaaiiiiiinnnn …” to try and actually force the victim into insanity.

You better wear a bib for a while anyway mang, numb mouths drool like a bastard. And for the love of Jerry, leave a voicemail while your yapper’s numb, I dare you. [Arnie]Doooo eeeeet[/Arnie].

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Frank
    Participant

Sadly, what it gives in power and quick effectiveness, it lacks as a long-term solution. Most of it has already worn off. What would be funny is if Rob, Bryan and Jerry decided to “Swab up” with the stuff and do the show like that. Man, that would be funny!

Bing
    Participant

Frank I’ll give you $20 if you re-apply and call the SOS voicemail…

…Mouth injuries are the fucking WORST…..

….I too think the fake sympathy behind the “Oh, did you just bite your lip…are you okay?” should be a punchable offense…or at least kick someone in the Armez’s…

Bucho
    Participant

Yeah Frank, you got a whole tube to use up now, why not use it for a magnificent cause – that being to sacrifice your dignity to entertain the SOS horde.

Bing wrote:
    ….I too think the fake sympathy behind the “Oh, did you just bite your lip…are you okay?” should be a punchable offense…or at least kick someone in the Armez’s…

Thing is, it doesn’t matter how sincere someone’s concern is. Even if it’s my Mum I have to use every fibre of my loving son-ness and legendary self-control not to holler at her. Biting the tongue really is the purest example I know of to encapsulate the phrase “seeing red”, and the other thing is that it’s really myself I’m so pissed at, but it’s so bad the anger is just itching to boil over in the direction of any unfortunate passer-by. It really is something else.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.