:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

An iTunes bitch

• Comments Off on An iTunes bitch

An iTunes bitch

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge An iTunes bitch

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Scatt
    Participant

Hey, am I the only one who’s frustrated with this?

I wanted to maybe check out some new shows since I’m getting bored with podcasts. I go to iTunes, and you can’t even browse like you used to with all the submenus then listing ALL of the shows. Theeeen, and here’s the kicker, I go, “Oh, that might be interesti… oh, it’s video”. Everything is video now! I listen at work, I don’t watch! I can’t watch. I wouldn’t want to watch. My interest in podcasts was from the fact that I could listen to them where ever I’m at. This video shit is ridiculous. Do that many people have time to look down and stare at a portable device as opposed to just having some earbuds hanging? I saw Opie and Anthony, a radio show… I said, “you know, I never listened to them, so I don’t know what all the good word is abou… Oh, it’s video”. That’s a radio show! Why is everything video!? I’m done..

rob
    Participant

So yeah, I haven’t really gone looking for new shows. I just don’t have the time. But yeah, video’s goin’ nuts.

I don’t like video either, except I really enjoyed the Kevin Smith Clerks II video podcast thingies. Those were cool.

Basically, I’m not adding anything to the conversation, except “yeah, there should be more audio…”

Newman
    Participant

Apple seems to be doing what Sony has done. Sony was just games with PS/2 then the PSP came and we’ve got music/movies and then games. Well basicly this is what Apple seems to be doing with their stuff, first it was solid music, which was great, then a few music videos, now games and full feature films. They companies needed to stop at what they did best.

Scatt
    Participant

Newman, I agree with the PSP analogy. Hell, I have a PSP and it’s not because of the games, that’s for sure. I don’t even look at the PSP section of game stores. I really really wish that they would incorporate some kind of ‘audio only’/’video’/’both’ type of search option.

Rob, I watched the Clerks 2 video podcast stuff too, and I thought it was entertaining, but doing the video podcast thing was completely different to me than any audio podcast (not that I’m saying you had some opposing point). I had to make special effort to watch it at home, or only on breaks on my PSP after converting the video files, etc. I don’t know how people watch and keep up with mulitple video podcasts during a week’s span.

Part of the magic of podcasts (oh, I’m sorry, now ‘netcast’, ‘webcast’, ‘nutcast’, ‘blogcast’…) was that I was at work, yet, in my head I was listening to all these great shows with opportunity to learn, laugh, stay updated on current events, and more while everyone around me was working while listening to shitty repeat 10 song playlists on the radio. It was great! I’d come home from a drab-ass workplace and tell my girlfriend all the cool stuff I learned or about how I heard a really funny thing. Usually too many to remember. Then after listening to a lot of shows where it was just a couple people droning on about their lives time and time again and realizing it’s getting old and boring quick, I said I wanted to start exploring more shows hopefully with the same results as last summer, I was like, “I can’t fucking find an audio show!”. I think the magic is dead.

Just so there’s no confusion, and I’m not kidding here; I’m not talking about this show at all. This is one of the only shows that I’ve stuck with without question. I guess it takes a step back once in a while to see and remember that you guys have exceptional talent in this.

rob
    Participant

Wow, Scatt. Positive feedback is always appreciated. I just wish we had the time to really promote this show to get it where I think it deserves to be.

Something I noticed while watching a recent episode of SNL — do you have any idea that any of us, and I mean any of us on this forum, mind you, any of us could be on that show and just kill. Kill, I tell you, kill! There’s more talent in almost every post made by you guy on this forum than almost every skit on that show. Maybe that’s not saying much these days, but it still’d be cool.

So yeah, I’ll stop my little stream of consciousness thing now…

Armez
    Participant
    Scatt wrote:
    Newman, I agree with the PSP analogy. Hell, I have a PSP and it’s not because of the games, that’s for sure. I don’t even look at the PSP section of game stores. I really really wish that they would incorporate some kind of ‘audio only’/’video’/’both’ type of search option.

Seriously I use my psp for all sorts o shit…like hacking and the other stuff that I can do legaly.

All my posts on this forum have been on my psp,and video rss does suck especially on a psp because It cant streamed.

BSherrod
    Participant

Yea, I’m one of those guys who likes to keep a low memory footprint so I use winamp, I use podcast sites to browse shows. And I really want a 1.5 PSP or one of the 2.71 that can be downgraded. And my mac pro.

Armez
    Participant
    BSherrod wrote:
    Yea, I’m one of those guys who likes to keep a low memory footprint so I use winamp, I use podcast sites to browse shows. And I really want a 1.5 PSP or one of the 2.71 that can be downgraded. And my mac pro.

If you do get a 1.5. download firmware 2.71se-b…coolest…thing…ever…

ROSS
    Participant

I’ve got a PSP, which I mainly use for gaming, I have a few new videos which I chuck on it every once in a while, but the main purpose I own and use it is for gaming, and I’ve installed software version 2.80, and only recently have I found out about the world of “homebrew” gaming (I believe it is called that, correct me if I’m wrong) and Ive also found out u need software version 1.5 for the games to work, and that it aparently is possible to downgrade the system, I was wondering are there any other advantages for downgrading because I mean, is it really worth the possible risk of totally screwing up a £230 handheld games console!?!

Armez
    Participant

To ROSS:

yes you do need firmware 1.5 or 2.71 se-b, to run homebrew(unsigned code). Homebrew has limitless possibilities for the psp. Currentlly there is no downgrader for Fw 2.8, and it will most likely be a while before a stable downgrader is released. But Fw 2.8 does have some limited hb support in the form of the libTIFF exploit…

so yeah google TIFF exploit…and don’t upgrade!

BSherrod
    Participant

Yea, I stay was staying up to date on PSP homebrew for awhile now and 2.71SE-B is the shiz ( if i had the PSP).

But I want my Macbook Pro now, screw buying a Cinema Display with the Mac Pro, even with the student discount.

Scatt
    Participant

I’ve had the homebrew stuff going for a while, mostly for emulators. The random programs always seemed worthless to me. The only emulator that really worked well was the NES. The Sega Genesis one was decent and the Super Nintendo one sucked ass, but the NES one was perfect. Then when 2.0 came out, I was bored with the emulators and thought that exploitation of wifi hotspots on the go was more practical, so I’ve been upgrading ever since.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.