:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

A story about paintings…

• Comments Off on A story about paintings…

A story about paintings…

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge A story about paintings…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    rob
    Participant

You guys remember the painting, right? The godawful mess of a painting that my parents got me for Christmas one year? Well, I told the story to some of the folks at work, and they wanted to see it. I scoured the forum and found it and showed it to everyone. I made a big deal about not wanting to email it to anyone in case they decided to paper my cube with them.

Well, Charlie decided to take it upon himself to try to find it. He said he thought, “If it’ll be anywhere, it’ll be on the forum.” So he found it and sent it to everyone.

Now, the unveiling was the big thing. Suddenly, I hear laughter from everyone around, and I’m wondering what’s going on. I start getting IMs, and they’re all my face. Not just my face — but a horrible painting cut-out.

I start freaking out, not because it is what it is, but because I had shown some people my phone, and I was worried that they had done something to my phone without looking or something. But once I found out Charlie found it on the forum, I was able to enjoy it. I thought, “Well, holy fucking crap, Rob, you did put it on the forum during the peak of the show, so people all over the world saw that ugly piece of shit.”

It really became a lot of fun, trying to see how many people they could get to edit their avatar with my ugly mug. It was sort of flattering for a second, and then I realize that everyone’s really just laughing at me, and it’s just not the same.

I do have to say though…getting multiple IMs from people with my face on them is a bit creepy…

Larkitect
    Participant

i remember that story about that wonderful painting. beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

but i’m sure they were all laughing with you and not at you. except you weren’t laughing and felt all weirded out. but if you had been laughing they definitely would have been laughing with you.

that would make a pretty good avatar though.

My essence still senses Bucho's women.

Bucho
    Participant

Sounds like your work environment has lightened up from the fun-free zone you complained about a couple of times. Sounds to me like they’re absolutely 100% ready for you to introduce them to the show, no doubt in my mind.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bing
    Participant

I offered to buy it at one point. I was gonna put that shit up like a big old Elvis painting or someshit. Right when you come in the door the first thing you would see would be the painting and the spotlights.

Version3
    Keymaster

I’d love to actually see it up like that. Anytime I was feeling down, I could just look at the photos of Bing’s house.

rob
    Participant

I actually called the painter today to see how much it would be for him to paint another one. Charlie wants to have himself painted with a poncho and sombrero standing next to a burro.

Bucho
    Participant

Oh that burro, he’s always up to shenanigans.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bing
    Participant

This guy could make a bit of money doing SOS’er portraits.

rob
    Participant

I actually called the guy the other day to see how much they were. $250 for a 24″ x 36″ portrait. That’s kind of a lot for a joke.

I’m still debating on whether or not I should throw mine up on eBay.

Newman
    Participant

You know for a fact that the moment you sold it and shipped it away your folks would show up unannounced and want to see it. Could make for a funny recording.

rob
    Participant

Luckily, my stepmom left my dad like two years ago. And my dad agrees that it’s pretty awful, so no worries there!

digitaltopia
    Participant

I was actually thinking about that painting the other day.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.