:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

A Mac question

• Comments Off on A Mac question

A Mac question

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge A Mac question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BSherrod
    Participant

So by the time I graduate this year I’m going to have saved enough money to finally get a Mac. I’m looking at getting an iMac for the dorm to double as a computer and as a TV. Right now I’m thinking the new intel 20 incher are be awesome, but I can always make due with an upgraded older model if I can find one for a good price. So if anybody knows a good place to get used mac stuff (bryan?) It’d be greatly appreciated.

Newman
    Participant

This is just me, but I’d never get a used computer, unless I knew the guy and the history behind it (problems, replacements etc.)

rob
    Participant

A refurbished model from the Apple store wouldn’t be too bad, I would think. But hey, what do I know?

Version3
    Keymaster

Don’t buy a used iMac. There are fan problems plaguing more than 1/3rd of the G5 iMacs, and the only fix for it can only be done during your Apple Care coverage, and is a gamble as to it’s success. The added bonus of performance in the Intel is another good reason.

I’d buy a used machine in many cases, but the money would really have to be right, and I’m a big geek and can handle my own stuff. I’d get a machine from the Apple store (refurb), you get all of the benefits of Apple’s new warranty, and the machines have already gone through a break/replace/qc process, so your odds aren’t bad at all.

BSherrod
    Participant

I think the G4 iMacs are just sexy to me and I really want to get one one the cheap and get a proccesor upgrade. Plus i’m not gonna get a G5 iMac simply because you might as well get a intel one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.