:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

A History Of Violence.

• Comments Off on A History Of Violence.

A History Of Violence.

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder A History Of Violence.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bucho
    Participant

Can’t remember if there was a post for this in the past but I saw it a week ago and it’s pretty cool. Never seen Viggo in anything outside LOTR and he nails it in History, acts his ass off. There are some unconvincing and contrived elements like the two hoods at the beginning and the happy families establishing scene that comes next and the school bullies just seem so cardboard-cutout but after the bumpy start it kicks into gear and rolls almost perfectly. Not just Viggo but most of the other actors shine too, Maria Bello and Ed Harris are so totally watchable.

I don’t know what the running time was but it seemed short, in a real good way. There’s almost no padding, just a tight punchy peice of cinema story-telling which includes graphic examples of dudes faces being reduced to bloody pulp and two unsettling but powerful sex scenes. Best of all it does what so many lesser films fail to do … it ends right..

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

BSherrod
    Participant

I was actually thinking the same thing, great movie. There was good pacing, a nice little family dynamic there, and the ending was pretty cool. Overall, worth the look.

rob
    Participant

Don’t forget the graphic violence! I actually frame-by-frame’d some of those shots. I’ve always been a sucker for really good looking special effects like that.

For me, the movie was just kinda there. Glad I watched it, but I’ll never need to watch it again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.