:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

A funny thing happened today …

• Comments Off on A funny thing happened today …

A funny thing happened today …

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge A funny thing happened today …

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

Okay, so for shits and giggles (in that order), I decided to take in a Winthrop University basketball game. (Side note for Bucho, yes, I did get to hang out with Craig Bradshaw)

Anyway, I got my ticket and headed down near the floor. I was pretty excited that the tickets were right behind the players’ bench. Plus, this was a televised game, so I thought, cool, I’ll be on television (not that that is a big thrill).

The point here is coming. As I’m sitting there, this woman comes up to me with her kids. Now, before she speaks, I know who she is. It’s the Winthrop men’s head basketball coach’s wife. She looks at me and says, “You’re in my seat.” I thought she was joking and just kinda smiled and nodded, saying I did, indeed, have a ticket.

She looks at me (cold stare, mind you) and says again, “You are in my seat.” I told her again that I had a ticket and this was my seat. Still staring at me, she says, “You don’t understand … I’m the coach’s wife. I ALWAYS sit here. There must be some kind of mistake.”

Two bits of information I should share here: 1.) Our paper goes ga-ga over Winthrop. We cover the school to the nth degree. My immediate boss covers the basketball team personally (he was staring at me from across the court), so getting into it with this woman would probably not be a good thing and 2.) She was right and I was in the wrong section.

Her being right and me being in the wrong section not withstanding, I spent the rest of the game pissed off at the way she handled the situation. It wasn’t that she was uber-rude or anything, it was just that she had this air of “Don’t you know who I am? I’m the coach’s WIFE, jackass.” And that got under my skin.

I’m sure I’m probably making too much out of this, but does anyone else feel like people like this need a good smack in the mouth?

Frank
    Participant

Okay, so for shits and giggles (in that order), I decided to take in a Winthrop University basketball game. (Side note for Bucho, yes, I did get to hang out with Craig Bradshaw)

Anyway, I got my ticket and headed down near the floor. I was pretty excited that the tickets were right behind the players’ bench. Plus, this was a televised game, so I thought, cool, I’ll be on television (not that that is a big thrill).

The point here is coming. As I’m sitting there, this woman comes up to me with her kids. Now, before she speaks, I know who she is. It’s the Winthrop men’s head basketball coach’s wife. She looks at me and says, “You’re in my seat.” I thought she was joking and just kinda smiled and nodded, saying I did, indeed, have a ticket.

She looks at me (cold stare, mind you) and says again, “You are in my seat.” I told her again that I had a ticket and this was my seat. Still staring at me, she says, “You don’t understand … I’m the coach’s wife. I ALWAYS sit here. There must be some kind of mistake.”

Two bits of information I should share here: 1.) Our paper goes ga-ga over Winthrop. We cover the school to the nth degree. My immediate boss covers the basketball team personally (he was staring at me from across the court), so getting into it with this woman would probably not be a good thing and 2.) She was right and I was in the wrong section.

Her being right and me being in the wrong section not withstanding, I spent the rest of the game pissed off at the way she handled the situation. It wasn’t that she was uber-rude or anything, it was just that she had this air of “Don’t you know who I am? I’m the coach’s WIFE, jackass.” And that got under my skin.

I’m sure I’m probably making too much out of this, but does anyone else feel like people like this need a good smack in the mouth?

Version3
    Keymaster

I hate people.

Version3
    Keymaster

I hate people.

Octavious
    Participant

So what stop you from slapping her in the face!

Octavious
    Participant

So what stop you from slapping her in the face!

Bing
    Participant

Sounds like she needed more than good seats…

Bing
    Participant

Sounds like she needed more than good seats…

djohnson
    Participant

Pent-up sexual frustration is never a good thing. Sounds like the basketball coach spends a little too much time coaching…

Was she at least hot?

djohnson
    Participant

Pent-up sexual frustration is never a good thing. Sounds like the basketball coach spends a little too much time coaching…

Was she at least hot?

Octavious
    Participant

Speaking of hot, Jim Boehim of Syracuse Univ. has a nice wife.

Octavious
    Participant

Speaking of hot, Jim Boehim of Syracuse Univ. has a nice wife.

Bucho
    Participant

The main thing to remember is when you cut up the body make sure it’s not in your apartment or something, do it in an old abandoned warehouse, or even better, an abatoir. And wear an Emanual Lewis mask.

(If I new you were going to meet Craig Bradshaw I would have emailed him to get your autograph. I already got Bing’s from when he spent the weekend hunting dolphin with Temuera Morrison and I’m getting Ivan’s when he goes naked skydiving with Anna Paquin next month.)

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bucho
    Participant

The main thing to remember is when you cut up the body make sure it’s not in your apartment or something, do it in an old abandoned warehouse, or even better, an abatoir. And wear an Emanual Lewis mask.

(If I new you were going to meet Craig Bradshaw I would have emailed him to get your autograph. I already got Bing’s from when he spent the weekend hunting dolphin with Temuera Morrison and I’m getting Ivan’s when he goes naked skydiving with Anna Paquin next month.)

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Octavious
    Participant
    Bucho wrote:
    And wear an Emanual Lewis mask.

Where did that come from? Funny.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.