:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Re: Taking all bets … Rob will be where at 12:01 a.m. Saturday

• Comments Off on Re: Taking all bets … Rob will be where at 12:01 a.m. Saturday

Re: Taking all bets … Rob will be where at 12:01 a.m. Saturday

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Taking all bets … Rob will be where at 12:01 a.m. Saturday Re: Taking all bets … Rob will be where at 12:01 a.m. Saturday

digitaltopia
Participant

One thing I should add about Terry Pratchett is that he writes so, so well that reading him is like watching a movie. I’ve never read someone that had such a great command of the English language. When he wants to be serious and deep, he is, and when he wants to be really funny, he is. Often he’ll write a sentence that’s funny on three different levels… the obvious meaning, the hidden meaning, and the hidden hidden meaning.

I’ve always thought there were some interesting parallels between Unseen University and Hogwarts. Of course, Discworld was out before Harry Potter was.

The Watch is really awesome, but I have a hard time choosing a favorite. “Surely Bjorn Stronginthearm is my uncle.” Whether it’s the Watch, Tepic, or The Band With Rocks In, I like them all.