:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Re: 360 vs. PS3 vs. Wii…

• Comments Off on Re: 360 vs. PS3 vs. Wii…

Re: 360 vs. PS3 vs. Wii…

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder 360 vs. PS3 vs. Wii… Re: 360 vs. PS3 vs. Wii…

Bing
Participant

Yeah I’ve heard a lot of people with concerns on the actual power of the ps3 voice similar opinions to DJ. I’m not convinced that those issues will really amount to much when it comes to the performance of the console on the market. The ps2 was underpowered compared to the original Xbox and still did quite well. Most casual gamers (I’m guessing) are not technically savvy enough to compare raw power and whatnot when buying a system. So despite the ps3’s shortcomings I think it will still be a powerful force in the console market.

Games like GTA sold ass loads of copies and were technically inferior in many ways. I just don’t think flash and dazzle graphics sell games as much as people think. I’ve seen plenty of awesome looking games that played like shit.

Hell even Halo looked wonderful but if you were stuck playing just the single player campaign (yes most people still do that sort of thing) then it was not the end all be all game some people claimed it to be.

The ultimate goal for game makers (which is where the real money is made) is soon gonna be for gamers to own both consoles.

All said and done I care more about the games and how they play. For every truly FUN game I found on either the Xbox or the ps2 I tried several dozen that sucked ass (thats a lot of wasted time when you have a job and any type of life at all, as I’m sure you all know just as well as me). Maybe more attention should go into what gamers WANT and stop trying to force feed us this technology that no one really gives a crap about.

Oh, and GTA3 was cool..but for God’s sake stop copying the same fucking formula over and over again!! Sandbox-type gaming doesn’t always have to be a GTA clone.

Bing’s Video Game Bitches:

-GTA clones (see above)
-Unlockable content (just open the fuckin’ shit already)
-Games that are irritatingly hard (I’m not into sweating bullets just to prove I can beat a level. If the shit’s TOO hard I couldn’t really care less.)
-People that brag in the Game Store about their prowess on beating hard games mentioned above (get a girlfriend dude…hell go RENT a girlfriend)
-Games with no cheat codes (I bought it, my decision to cheat or not to cheat)
-Playing any fighting game with Frank (Jack Ramsey anyone?)
-Dumb shit FMV sequences you CAN’T skip through
-Platform jumping (aka the spinning blades of death from God of War)
-The Prices