:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Re: 360 vs. PS3 vs. Wii…

• Comments Off on Re: 360 vs. PS3 vs. Wii…

Re: 360 vs. PS3 vs. Wii…

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder 360 vs. PS3 vs. Wii… Re: 360 vs. PS3 vs. Wii…

BSherrod
Participant

The deal with the PS3 is Sony over-hyped and under-delivered. Almost every amazing promise that would sway me has turned out to be lies.

Remember how they were harping on 1080p being “true HD” and that they will only be able to deliver it? Well the fact is a minuscule amount of people actually have TVs that can even do 1080p and supposedly the differences are hard to see versus 1080i. Oh and Microsoft came out with a Dashboard update for 360 a few months ago and it does 1080p now, funny how that happened.

They also sang the praises of its superior hardware and this supposedly powerful “Cell” processor. Well word on the street is that its extremely overcomplicated to program for and not near as powerful, plus the actual GPU on the 360 is more powerful.

In addition to that the PS3 has only 256mb of RAM versus the 512mb in 360, developers are supposedly loving this and CliffyB ( developer and hypeman for Epic Games, who made Gears of War and the Unreal series) actually convinced Microsoft to go 512 versus 256, which ended up costing them 1 Billion dollars reportedly.

Now to what really matters, the games. At the end of day who gives two liquidy shits whats in the thing, games are what matter and right now 360 has them in spades. Gears of War, Rainbow Six Vegas, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Oblivion, etc. Though the rebuttal might be the amazing Playstation exclusives: Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, etc. What people fail to realize is that exclusives are gonna be nonexistent soon. These games cost between $14-20 million to make now and the people who put the money up wanna see mo’ profit, hence the increase in price of next-gen (now current-gen) games. Hell, Metal Gear Solid might even be on 360 eventually do to it’s larger install base and the fact that it is a niche game that wont do well on a system that has a shitty launch. Oh and most of those top tier games don’t come out for another year at the very least.

I mean i could go on, but this has slowly become a Bryan (a rant, haha) and I need to stop, but don’t take Sony’s shit or sell your 1st and/or 2nd born for a PS3 on eBay. Go 360 and wait on Sony and their fanboy’s heads from their ass to get your next Playstation.