:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Re: 360 vs. PS3 vs. Wii…

• Comments Off on Re: 360 vs. PS3 vs. Wii…

Re: 360 vs. PS3 vs. Wii…

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder 360 vs. PS3 vs. Wii… Re: 360 vs. PS3 vs. Wii…

djohnson
Participant

First off: On the point of age: I’m 38 and game every day. 80% of gamers in this country are over the age of 32, so don’t let that stop you.

As for the PS3, don’t let the 8 core processor fool you. All the reviews on the hardware say that the cell proc isn’t even as powerful as the CoreDuo in my MacBook Pro. Also, games are supposedly MUCH more difficult to code and from the reviews I’ve been reading, the games are pretty bad so far. As for BluRay, don’t be so quick to jump on that bandwagon. Remember that the format war is still just in it’s beginning stages and it’s still unclear who the victor would be. I am extremely hesitant to pay the price premium for either of these “standards” yet because I’ll invariably pick the wrong one.

360 is the clear choice for serious gamers. Better graphics and a yearlong headstart on the PS3 mean that most of the bugs have been worked out. Price is better too.

Everyone should rush out and buy a Wii. at $250 how can you go wrong. Especially if you love the Mario and Zelda games. The reviews I’m reading on this platform are pretty fantastic.